- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- serves 8
A delicious one dish breakfast casserole which starts with a crispy hash brown crust and is filled with eggs, cheese, sausage, and vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw the hash browns. Place them in a colander or several paper towels and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a medium bowl combine the thawed has browns, grated onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Press the potato mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan as well as 2inches up the sides of the pie pan. Make it a thin layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet, using a spatula to break the sausage into pieces. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until browned. Put the sausage in a large bowl and cool.
- Add the eggs, onions, peppers, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese to the sausage mixture and mix well. Pour the egg mixture into the hot hash brown crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 5 minutes, then serve.