- 15 Minutes
- 23 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, pineapple juice, cornstarch and ginger in a small pot set over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Mix together the chicken, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl until evenly combined. Form into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange on the baking sheet, leaving space between each meatball.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches at least 165°F.
- While the meatballs are baking, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the pineapple chunks until lightly browned.
- Using a toothpick, skewer a meatball and a pineapple chunk and brush with the teriyaki glaze. Repeat with the remaining meatballs and serve immediately.
Substitute: Feel free to substitute 1 whole fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces, for the canned pineapple, and replace the reserved juice with water in the teriyaki sauce.