- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
A simple, healthy meal in just 30 minutes. Full of four different kinds of vegetables, fiber- and chickpeas topped with a maple-tahini sauce packed with flavor.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add sweet potato. Cook 5-10 minutes or until potato is just tender. Timing will depend on the size of the cubes.
- In a separate pan, heat oil until it shimmers and add the onion, mushrooms and kale. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes, then strain sweet potatoes and add to the pan. Add garlic powder and ½ teaspoon of salt and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, chili powder, paprika, cumin, pepper and ½ teaspoon of salt and toss until chickpeas are evenly coated. Warm in a pan over low or medium-low heat.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the tahini, vinegar, hot sauce, remaining ½ teaspoon salt (plus more to taste), and hot sauce in a bowl or jar.
- Divide warm brown rice, chickpeas and vegetables between two serving bowls, top with tahini dressing and cilantro and serve warm.