- 10-15 minutes
- 15-20 minutes
Take a piece of this heart-shaped calzone and enjoy the warm pizza dough filled with marinara sauce, a blend of cheeses and pepperoni, all seasoned with a blend of spices for even more flavor.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface. Use a large heart shaped pastry cutter to guide you.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place 2 of the hearts onto a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Set the other 2 hearts aside.
- Spoon a thin layer of ricotta cheese onto the 2 hearts. Leave about 1/2-inch from the edge of the dough. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and oregano. Top each heart evenly with pepperoni and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash around the outer edges of each heart. Gently place the other heart pieces on top of the prepared calzones. Dip a fork in flour and press around the outside edges of each heart. Use a sharp knife to slice a few air holes in the top of each heart. Brush each heart calzone with egg wash and place in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.