- 5 Minutes
- 50 Minutes
- Makes 4-6 Servings.
A healthy alternative to a winter's chili! This recipe from Food Lion combines turkey and quinoa as a substitute for ground beef. Add all of your favorite chili toppings and make yourself a bowl tonight!
- Cook quinoa per package instructions and set aside
- Next, in a large stock pot on medium heat add olive oil. Chop onion and mince garlic. Cook onion until translucent,approx. 3-4 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Crumble the turkey with a wooden spoon and stir to combine. Continue to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, until ingredients are mixed through.
- Next, stir in canned tomatoes and stock, add cubed bell peppers and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add cubed sweet potato and black beans, cook 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Turn heat to low, add corn and cooked quinoa, until heated thorough.
- Optional --- Serve with shredded cheese, soup crackers, chopped green onions, etc.