- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour the beef broth and water into the pan. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in the barley, carrot, celery, and onion.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the barley and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cooked beef, peas, and parsley. Add the salt and pepper. Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat until the peas are heated through.