- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 10 -12
- Coat the bottom of a six quart stainless steel pot with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and brown one 1 pound package of lean (80/20) ground beef.
- Add six and a quarter cups of water.
- Add 1/4 cup of dried parsley and one tablespoon of salt. Stir until mixed well.
- Slice and dice 3 medium carrots and two stalks of celery and add to water.
- Rinse lentils well and add. Cook on low heat approximately forty to forty-five minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Serve topped with one tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese if desired (kids love this).