- 10 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and saute for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and saute frequently until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix to combine. Pour in the chicken broth, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook according to rice package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add the prosecco and cook until absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Fold the mushrooms and cheese into the cooked rice. Garnish with the chopped thyme and serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: For the adults in the family, serve with a glass of Prosecco. This dish also pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon if you prefer red wine.