- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- In a shallow bowl, place the flour.
- In another shallow bowl, place the eggs, the salt, and the pepper, then mix.
- In a third shallow bowl, place the panko breadcrumbs, the garlic powder, the chives, the lemon zest, and the lemon pepper, then mix.
- Take a tilapia strip, dredge it in the flour until thoroughly coated (both sides), then place it in the egg mixture until thoroughly coated (both sides), and then place it in the herb/breadcrumb mixture and coat well on both sides. Repeat with all of the remaining tilapia strips.
- In a large, deep skillet, place ¼- to ½-inch of canola oil and set to medium-high heat to prepare for frying.
- Carefully place 2 or 3 of the tilapia strips in the skillet and fry them on for 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Remove and drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining tilapia strips.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, fresh parsley, and the lemon juice. (Add horseradish if desired.)
- Serve the tilapia fish fingers with the dipping sauce and extra lemon wedges if you wish!