- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
- In a food processor, blend herbs, salt and pepper and all but 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- On a cutting board, loosen skin from cornish hens. Move to a rimmed cooking sheet.
- Pour herb mixture into the skin of each hen. Pull skin back up to cover breasts. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Transfer hens to a new baking sheet. In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese (you can use grated or shredded).
- Coat each hen with the parmesan/oil mixture. It's ok if some of it gets inside. The better coated, the better!
- Bake for 25 minutes, then lower oven temp to 350 degrees and continue baking for 25 minutes. Meat temperature should be 165 degrees. Allow to rest 15 minutes. Serve hens individually, per person and immediately.