- 15 Minutes
- 6 Hours
- Makes Approximately 3 Cups
How do you make apple butter? We'll tell you! This bread spread originates in Pennsylvania. Make it now & put it on toast or bagels for a sweet breakfast!
- Turn slow cooker to “high” setting.
- Core the apples, then chop into small cubes.
- Add apples to a large bowl, and toss with all sugars, spices, and salt. Transfer the apples to the slow cooker, pour in the juice, and cook on high for 4-5 hours, stirring once or twice during the cooking process, until apples are browned and softened.
- Once the apples are browned and softened, use an immersion blender to blend the apples in the slow cooker until smooth, or carefully transfer them to a blender and blend until smooth. Switch the slow cooker to the “low” setting.
- Return the blended apples to the slow cooker, and cook on “low” for another two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store the apple butter in glass jars for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.