- 10 minutes
Crispy on the outside and savory on the inside, these homemade corn dogs can be made in just 30 minutes and will be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add buttermilk and maple syrup and stir.
- Heat up at least 4 inches of oil to medium/high.
- Cut hot dogs in half and insert wooden skewer. Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto hot dogs.
- Dip each hot dog into batter and cover each with a thick coat.
- Cook in oil for 2-3 minutes, spinning to make sure all sides are cooked.
- Let cool before eating.