- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
These homemade french fries are so delicious!
- Gather all equipment (cutting board, knife, colander, large bowl, frying pan and tongs).
- Rinse the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a cutting board. Peel each potato and slice it a french fry cut of your choice.
- Place all potatoes into your colander and rinse with cool water.
- Fill your large bowl half-way with cold water (about 3 cups).
- Transfer the potatoes to the cold water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to remove the excess starch.
- While the potatoes are soaking, prepare your frying pan. Pour oil into the pan and heat the pan.
- When the oil is hot, drop potatoes in and fry until golden brown and crisp. Add salt and pepper or your choice of seasoning.