- 10 Minutes
- 4 Hours
- 6 - 8
Your search for healthy snack ideas ends here. This recipe will teach you how to make fruit rolls that are healthy and a tasty snack.
- Preheat your over to 200 degrees.
- On the stove over low heat, warm the kiwi, pineapple and 2 Tablespoons apple sauce in one pot, the raspberries and ½ Cup applesauce in a second pot, and the blueberries and ¼ Cup applesauce in a third. Add a small dash of salt to each.
- When fruit is soft, use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the contents of each pot separately.
- Line three half-dozen baking trays or other flat-bottom vessels like casserole dishes or cake pans with parchment and pour one batch of fruit puree into each, ensuring the mixture is distributed evenly. If you only want one or two flavors, double the amount of your preferred fruit.
- Place trays or pans in the oven and cook on low for 4-5 hours, checking every half hour after 3 hours to ensure fruit doesn’t burn. The sheets will be ready when they are no longer sticky to the touch.
- When they are finished cooking (you can also use a dehydrator), slice into 1” thick strips and roll to create easily pack-able snacks. Alternatively, store flat for a fruit snack similar to fruit leather. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.