- 15 Minutes
- 6 - 8
How do you make horchata? The traditional rice milk drink, from Mexico, is easy to make and delicious! It goes great with tacos.
- Combine rice, cinnamon stick, and four cups of water in a blender. Pulse for 1-2 minutes, until rice and cinnamon are coarsely blended.
- Pour contents of the blender into a large bowl, and add four additional cups of water. Allow to set at room temperature for at least three hours, preferably overnight.
- Blend the mixture in batches until completely smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, removing any grainy bits.
- Stir in sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Optional : For a creamier texture, also stir in milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.