- 2 hours
- 14 minutes
- Pour warm water in the bottom of a large bowl or stand mixer. Stir in yeast and sugar until both are dissolved. Stir in olive oil and flour.
- Use the dough hook attachment of a stand or hand mixer to mix the dough until it becomes a smooth, elastic ball.
- Grease the inside of a second large bowl with a thin layer of olive oil. Add the dough ball and cover with a tea towel. Place in a warm spot until it doubles in bulk, about 40 minutes.
- Punch the dough with your fist then fold it over onto itself 4-5 times. Cover again with the tea towel and allow wait until it has doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Punch down the dough. Divide into two equal balls. Sprinkle flour on a clean, flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll each dough ball out until 7-8 inches in diameter.
- Center the dough over your fists and gently stretch it until it reaches 12 inches in diameter. The dough can now be made into pizza, calzones or stromboli. Bake at 475Â°F.