- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
This is a delicious recipe that does not contain eggs. It has a creamy sauce and a crispy, cheesy crust. It's a family favorite at our home! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. After cooking pasta al dente set aside to drain.
- Melt butter in large cooking pot on stove. Add dried onion, dried mustard, black pepper and flour. Cook, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes on med heat
- Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to med/low and stir constantly for 15 minutes (sauce will thicken)
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar, stirring constantly.
- Remove cheese sauce from stove add in elbow pasta. Stir gently BUT well to let the pasta soak up all the cheese sauce. sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese on top
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven AND your preference for the cheese on top to be melted or crusty)
- SERVE AND ENJOY!