- 30 minutes
- 3 hours
- 12 to 15
- In a skillet, place the olive oil and the garlic cloves and stir frequently for several minutes until the cloves are browned.
- Remove the cloves and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the water, vinegar, honey, rosemary, and thyme and cook for about 20 minutes until it begins to thicken. Return the garlic cloves to the pan and cook for several minutes more.
- Split the glaze into two equal portions. Set one portion aside for later; keep it in the refrigerator and rewarm it when you're ready to serve.
- Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern and place the ham in a roasting pan. Take the other portion of the glaze and divide in half again and use ¼ of the glaze to brush the ham. Cover with aluminum foil and place in a 350-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- Halfway through the cooking time, uncover the ham and brush on ¼ of the glaze. Return to the oven to continue cooking, uncovered.
- Serve with the reserved portion of the glaze (re-warmed).