- 5 minutes
With the addition of potatoes and Brussels sprouts, this chicken dish, which can be made in a single pan, is a complete and satisfying meal.
- Combine the chicken broth, honey, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and thyme in a measuring cup or small bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. (The chicken does not need to be cooked through.) Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth mixture. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Stir in the potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the chopped parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Use tongs to place the chicken strips among the vegetables. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Cover for 2 minutes over medium heat or until the chicken is warm.
Garnish servings with fresh parsley sprigs.