- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, make a quick marinade with by whisking together vinegar, honey, and fresh thyme.
- Season flank steak with salt, pepper and rub steak with mustard. Place steak in quick marinade for about 5 minutes. Toss to coat.
- Starting with a cold, large saute pan, add onions and season with salt and pepper. Begin to heat pan on medium. Slowly cooking and constantly stirring onions until they begin to turn slightly brown and become soft.
- Next, add 1 cup of water and garlic to onions. Bring to a simmer, being careful not to let the water completely evaporate. Add more water as needed to keep 1/2 cup of water in the pan, add more water if needed.
- Add marinated steak to the saute pan and allow meat to poach on one side, cover with lid. Poach for 5 minutes.
- Using a sheet pan, place bell peppers on the bottom of the pan to hold the flank steak. Remove the steak from the poaching liquid and place on top of bell peppers.
- Pour remaining poaching liquid and ingredients over the top of flank and pace in the oven to roast for 5 - 8 minutes or until slightly pink on the inside.
- Remove flank from oven and rest on a cutting board until time to cut.
- Serve with your favorite side dish or salad.