- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Butter a medium size baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup whisk together maple syrup, eggs, heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cut the buns in half, place the bottoms in the buttered baking dish and spread with lemon curd. Sprinkle with half of the lemon zest.
- Pour the egg mixture over the buns. Place the bun tops on and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and the remaining lemon zest. Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until custard is set and tops are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.