- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
This recipe is rich, delicious, gooey, and loaded with chocolate – not recommended for dieters! But it’s easy and fun to make, and will definitely wow your chocolate-loving guests. This is like a pudding cake, with rich chocolate pudding on the bottom and chewy cake on top, with non-typical directions – note that you need two measurements of the cocoa, and don’t be tempted to stir it when you add the coffee!
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix lightly.
Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture into a 9-inch buttered glass baking pan. The batter is thick; use the spatula to push it to the edges of the pan so it’s more or less level in the pan. Do not be tempted to add more milk – this is supposed to be a thick batter.
Mix brown sugar with the 3 tbsp. cocoa and spread this over the fudgey chocolate batter. Push it around with a spatula or a fork so it’s spread out evenly.
Pour the hot coffee over the top. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes. It should still look gooey when it’s done – don’t wait till it looks like a regular baked cake with the top surface done.
- Cool down for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- This is like a pudding cake with hot mocha fudge sauce on the bottom – decadent! Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if you want to.