- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- Cook sliced onions in oil until tender stirring frequently. Remove
- Combine paprika and 2 teaspoons salt and black pepper; coat meat with mixture and brown meat in drippings from the onions.
- Return onions to dutch oven. Mix tomato paste, water garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and add to meat.
- Simmer at lease 2 hours (longer is better. Add water as needed. Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
- This recipe can also be done in a slow cooker or a pressure cooker