- 25 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 24 cookies
In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl (we used an automatic mixer bowl), mix together butter and sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix. Slowly, add dry ingredients.
- Once mixed thoroughly, start adding the food coloring, drop by drop. Continue mixing and adding in the food coloring until you get the color you want.
- On an ungreased cookie pan, spoon dough into ping pong ball-sized balls (we use a cookie scoop). Using the back of a spoon, gently flatten out each ball (not all the way).
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool for 1 minute and then cool completely on cookie rack. Ice each cookie and sprinkle.
- Icing Tip: Spoon icing from the jar into a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small opening on one of the corners and squeeze onto each cookie.