- 30 minutes
- 1 hour 30 minutes
Stir things up this St. Patrick's Day with this hearty Irish lamb stew made with bacon, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions for a lunch or dinner that is full of flavor.
- Add bacon to a large pot and cook until crispy. Take out, cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Cut lamb into large chunks and brown all sides in bacon grease. Take lamb out and place to the side.
- Add flour to grease and slowly add in water to the pot while stirring. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add in lamb, onions, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, tomato paste, and bacon.
- Bring to a simmer and cook covered for at least one hour.