- 21 minutes
- 16 minutes
Served on warm hoagie rolls and topped with provolone cheese, these beef sandwiches are a delicious easy dinner idea.
- Prepare base ground beef recipe: Place beef, onions, and garlic in skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Allow mixture to cool.
- Divide cooled beef mixture into 3 equal portions in gallon ziploc bags. Set aside 2 other portions for other recipes.
- Combine cooked ground beef, onion soup mix, water, Italian seasoning, bell peppers, and red wine vinegar in the Ziploc bag. Label bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- When ready to finish and serve, place bagged ingredients in skillet and simmer over medium heat.
- Lay provolone cheese slices evenly over beef mixture. Cover with lid and simmer until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Spoon evenly into 6 warm hoagie rolls to serve.