- 15 minutes
- 25-30 minutes
- 6-8 servings
- Season chicken breast and sear in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Transfer chicken to a pate, loosely cover with foil.
- In the same skillet, sauté bacon over medium heat then move to a paper towel-lined, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in skillet, add kale, apple and shallot, season with salt and pepper. Sauté until apples are tender, 5 minutes. Add bacon back in. Stir to combine and transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add sage and garlic to skillet, saute until garlic is golden brown and fragrant. Add chicken stock, mustard and maple syrup then turn up heart to bring mixture to a boil Cook sauce until sauce has thickened and reduced, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Plate chicken then drizzle pan sauce.
- Top chicken breast with kale mixture.
- If desired, top with cheese of your choice. Bake in oven just long enough to melt cheese.