- 15 Minutes
- 5 Minutes
- Makes 12 Sliders
Want to make your own Kentucky famous hot brown sliders? With turkey, cheese gravy, bacon & more these are sure to please! Try them today!
- For Cheese Sauce: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk flour again, and cook for another minute until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in warmed half and half, and cook for 2-3 minutes until simmering. Whisk, and cook another 2-3 minutes until thickened. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Whisk in cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in nutmeg and paprika, and season with salt and pepper to fit your tastes. Set aside.
- For Sliders: Lay bottom half of slider buns into a 9x13 pan. Top each bottom bun with one slice of turkey, folded to fit onto the bun.
- Spoon cheese sauce over the tops of the turkey, and place a tomato slice on top of cheese sauce. Repeat for all twelve sliders.
- Sprinkle a touch of salt and pepper onto the tomatoes, then add one tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of each tomato.
- Broil on low for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven. Break each crispy bacon strip in half, and place it in a crisscross shape over the tops of the tomatoes and cheese.
- Add top bun to each slider, and carefully serve hot!