- 4 Hours
- 20 Minutes
- Makes 30 Truffles
Want to know how to make bourbon truffle balls? This sweet Kentucky recipe is one you'll want to make again and again. It's a great dessert for all occasions!
- In a medium saucepan, place the condensed milk and the chocolate chips. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Do not overheat.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan, place the cream, the sea salt, and the dark corn syrup and heat until just starting to simmer. Pour it into the saucepan with the chocolate. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and the bourbon and stir in well.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, then cover and place in the refrigerator until set. This will take several hours or you can do it overnight.
- Once the chocolate is firm, use a small scoop to create 1-inch chocolate balls. Use your hands to roll them into the desired roundness and set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place your choice of toppings into shallow bowls or plates and roll each truffle until covered. Return to the parchment paper. You can make them all with one topping or choose from several options.