- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the spaghetti squash cut-side-down in a glass baking dish. Pour in enough water to come 1-inch up the sides of the dish. Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes, or until the squash can easily be pierced with a fork. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the squash cools, combine the chicken, marinara sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl. Stir until well-incorporated and set aside.
- Turn the squash halves cut-side-up and use a fork to loosen the strands. Scoop spaghetti strands into the bowl with the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Stuff each squash half with the chicken and spaghetti squash mixture and top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the stuffed squash halves in a baking dish and transfer to the preheated oven. Cook for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Recipe Tip: Scraping the spaghetti squash with a fork to reveal the spaghetti “noodles” is a fun activity for kids to help with in the kitchen.