- 30 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- 10 - 12
- Prepare the white cake mix per the directions on the box using (2) 8” round cake pans.
- Mix together sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let cook 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, add egg whites, salt and beat until frothy.
- While still beating add hot syrup in a thin stream while beating at high speed until the frosting begins to form stiff peaks.
- Turn stand mixer off, add in nuts, raisins, figs, vanilla, liqueur and mix together.
- Spread frosting in between layers on top and along the sides.
- Slice and serve!