- 15 minutes
- 47 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8 inch by 8 inch pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Fold in 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar and vanilla until well blended. Stir in 1 cup all-purpose flour, the baking soda and the salt until combined (the mixture should be crumbly).
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, the egg yolk, the white sugar, the remaining flour, the lemon juice and the zest. Pour the mixture over the cookie crust and return pan to oven for 25 more minutes. The baked cookie should have a sugary crust.
- Allow the cookie to cool completely on a rack. Dust the cookie with the remaining confectioner's sugar and cut into 16 2 inch by 2 inch squares.