- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
Want to make a delicious lemon custard pie? Whether you're celebrating Pi Day 2019 or hosting a party, make this recipe with blueberries for a real treat!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until combined. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, then slowly beat in the milk.
- Add flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Beat until fully combined.
- In a separate large glass or metal bowl (preferably cold), beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the the first mixture. Once combined, pour the en-tire custard pie mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie at 350 F for 45-55 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Top with fresh blueberries, whipped cream, and lemon zest (optional).