- 15 minutes
- 5-6 minutes
Lemon pancakes made with fresh blueberries, coated with lemon icing and topped with blueberries and lemon wedges makes for a fresh and filling breakfast.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Beat in the milk, eggs, melted butter, and lemon juice into the dry ingredients using a whisk. If your batter seems thick, add a little more milk.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium to low heat. Spray the griddle or skillet with cooking spray, or coat with some butter. Ladle batter onto the griddle or skillet and make pancakes the size you prefer.
- Place a few blueberries in each pancake. Wait until the pancakes have bubbles rising to the surface of the outside edges before flipping, about 2-4 minutes. Let the other side cook until lightly browned and remove from the griddle.
- Keep pancakes warm in a preheated oven on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, or an oven-safe dish. Serve immediately with a lemon icing and pure maple syrup.
- To make the lemon icing, whisk together icing ingredients until smooth. Add less or more milk to make the icing your desired thickness.