- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
Lemon Pound Cake with icing is one of my favorites.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add milk and flour. Beat well. Add flavorings.
- Pour into a greased tube cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- While cake is baking, prepare lemon icing. Lemon Icing Ingredients: 3 cups powered sugar, 1/3 cup soft butter, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel. After cake is completely cooled, spread icing on cake.