- 60 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 36 cookies
- Combine all the dough ingredients in a medium bowl, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Press your thumb into the center of each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine all the filling ingredients, except the powdered sugar, in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Cool the filling slightly, about 15 minutes. Then spoon 1/4 teaspoon of the filling into the center of each cookie.
Spoon the powdered sugar into a small, fine sieve. Sprinkle the cookies lightly with powdered sugar.