- 25 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil to easy clean up later. Transfer chicken to baking tray. Set aside.
- Make the lime chipotle marinade: place all ingredients in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Rub marinade on to the top of the chicken. With your fingers, ease the skin away from the chicken and spread some of the marinade under the skin. Add whole tomatoes and jalapenos to the baking tray, if using. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn chicken, breast side down, on the baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken, breast side up, and continue to roast for 25-30 minutes, basting the chicken several times with the marinate mixture, or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer chicken to a carving board, and let rest 8-10 minutes. Cut chicken into pieces, and serve with pan juices.