- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
Quesadillas are a quick and easy family favorite for lunch and dinner, but this recipe is a tasty twist that’s perfect for breakfast! Made with scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, black beans and two types of cheese, our Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas are packed with flavor just as they are but can also be dipped in guacamole and sour cream and topped with a few dashes of hot sauce for a slight kick. And if you want to add some fresh veggies, mix in some sautéed onions and bell peppers to your quesadilla filling.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breakfast sausage, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, stirring constantly and cooking all the way through (about 10 minutes).
- Add water to eggs and beat with a fork. Pour mixture into your pan and scramble with the sausage, until heated through. Stir in black beans and remove from heat.
- In a separate dry pan over medium-high heat, carefully place one tortilla. Top with a thin layer of sausage and egg mixture, then cheese. Cover with a second tortilla and cook for 1 minute. Flip carefully (you may choose to cover the pan with a large plate and flip, then transfer back to the pan).
- Top with another thin layer of sausage mixture and cheese, then another tortilla. Cook for 1 minute, then flip again. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with guacamole, hot sauce and sour cream for dipping.