- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
As we enter the autumn months, cooler weather is surely to follow, and you know what that means – soup season! It’s also football season and this hearty Loaded Cheeseburger Soup is the perfect comfort food to make for Game Day. With ground beef, potatoes and cheese mixed in, the flavors in this soup will remind you of a cheeseburger meal. So, get ready to impress your family and friends with a soup worth cheering about.
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook for 7-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the parsley, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the potatoes, cooked ground beef and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add to the soup, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes until thickened. Mix in the milk to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese until completely melted.
- Recipe Tip: Add 10 slices of chopped, cooked bacon to the soup for a bacon cheeseburger version!