- 5 minutes
- 12 minutes
When you think of macaroni and cheese, you probably picture eating it as a side dish with a main protein. However, with this recipe, you can enjoy the iconic comfort food as a complete meal. Loaded with ground beef, tomatoes, bacon, jalapeno peppers and crispy fried onions, this dish has everything you look for in a dinner. Plus, it’s cheesy, a little zesty and can be ready in less than 20 minutes. It’s a truly good meal in no time.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef to the hot pan and break into pieces using a wooden spoon. Season with the salt and pepper, if desired. Cook for 6-8 minutes until the meat is browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat and drain excess grease.
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Add the ground beef, diced tomatoes, bacon bits, fried onions and jalapenos to the macaroni and cheese and mix to combine.
- Transfer the macaroni mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Recipe Tip: For a milder dish, substitute jarred roasted red peppers for the jalapenos.