- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 3-4 people
Fettuccine alfredo doesn't have to break your diet! Make you favorite pasta with this healthier, low calorie, recipe that tastes just as good--try it out!
- Boil the fettuccine noodles in salted water according to package directions, minus one minute.
- While the pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, and cook it for 1-2 minutes until it’s soft and fragrant. Stir occasionally to coat all of the but-ter in butter.
- Sprinkle in the flour, and thoroughly mix it into the butter and garlic. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes, so the flour gets cooked through.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Bring the sauce to a simmer, and let it simmer for a minute or two as you stir occasionally. Turn the heat to low, and allow it to slowly simmer until thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and grate in the Parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to fit your taste, then toss in the fettuccine noodles and coat them thoroughly in sauce. Serve hot, and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley if you like!