- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- In a stand mixer, whip egg whites and granulated sugar to soft peaks. set aside.
- Sift confectionerâs sugar and almond flour into egg whites. Discard large pieces of almond. Fold together mixture until combined.
- Fold in extract and three to four drops of food coloring. Fold until well combined and the batter falls from the spatula in a thin ribbon.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Fill piping bag with batter. Pipe batter into one inch disks with two inches space between macaroons. Tap pan against table edge to flatten the macaroons. Set aside and allow to dry until no longer sticky to the touch, approximately one hour.
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Double the baking sheet to protect the macarons. Bake for 10 minutes one sheet pan at a time until the macaroon are shiny and has risen 1/8 inch. Remove from oven and remove parchment from pan. Allow to cool before peeling parchment from macaroon.
- Fill bottom of macaroon with one teaspoon of filling of choice. Top with second macaroon. Serve.