- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- 6 - 8
Want to change up your usual Easter day breakfast or brunch? Try out these cheesy, overnight breakfast enchiladas for a Mexican twist for a winning meal!
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sausage, and cook about five minutes until halfway cooked. Add cherry tomatoes, and continue cooking the tomatoes with the sausage until the sausage is fully browned, and tomatoes are soft and mixed into the sausage. Mix green onion into the tomatoes and sausage, and turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Whisk in the half and half, then the hot sauce to fully combine.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Lay the tortillas onto a flat surface, and spoon just over 1/4 cup of the tomato and sausage mixture into each tortilla, forming a line down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle one tablespoon of shredded cheese into each tortilla across the surface of the tomato and sausage mixture, then tightly roll the tortillas to form mini burritos.
- Place the tortillas, seam side down, into the greased baking dish. Line them side-by-side to fill the dish.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish. Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove the dish from the refrigerator, and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 F, and bake the covered baking dish for 35-40 minutes, or until egg mixture has set.
- Remove the dish from the oven, remove the foil, and sprinkle the additional one cup of shredded cheese across all burritos. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot! Garnish with sour cream, green onion, and salsa if desired.