- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Mix the vinegar, 5 tablespoons maple syrup, mustard and thyme together in a small bowl.
- Pour 2/3 cup of the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Place the steak in the bag, seal it and turn to coat. Store the bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate the leftover marinade.
- Meanwhile, saute pecans in oil in a small skillet until toasted. Mix in remaining maple syrup. Bring to a boil, and then cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Transfer from the skillet onto waxed paper and spread evenly. Allow to cool.
- Drain and discard marinade. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill the steak, over medium heat, for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the reserved marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then cook for about 2 minutes. Divide steak slices between two plates. Drizzle with sauce; top with blue cheese and pecans.