- 1 minute
- 75 minutes
- 4 servings
This recipe for Maple Cinnamon Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes is a fresh take on traditional twice baked potatoes that incorporates nutrient-dense sweet potatoes, fragrant cinnamon and a splash of maple syrup for sweetness. This recipe also pairs well with traditional Thanksgiving fare, making it the perfect alternative to traditional sweet potato casserole. Thank you to Food Lion for teaming up with me for this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and scrub clean before placing them on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 75 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool until they are cool enough to handle safely. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice down the middle of each sweet potato and remove the flesh while taking care to leave the skins intact.
- Set the skins aside and mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork in a large bowl. Add butter, syrup, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the filling back into the sweet potato skins and bake for another 10-15 minutes
- Top with candied pecans (if desired) and enjoy!