- 1 minute
- 75 minutes
- 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and scrub clean before placing them on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 75 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool until they are cool enough to handle safely. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice down the middle of each sweet potato and remove the flesh while taking care to leave the skins intact.
- Set the skins aside and mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork in a large bowl. Add butter, syrup, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the filling back into the sweet potato skins and bake for another 10-15 minutes
- Top with candied pecans (if desired) and enjoy!