- 20 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
Finding tasty veggie burgers can be hard. This meatless BBQ vegan burger recipe gives you the delicious flavors of grilling but is a healthier option!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees if cooking indoors.
- Then heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in onions. Cook until translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, then add in garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer onions to a mixing bowl and add beans, panko, flour, tomato, chili powder, cumin, liquid smoke, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, TVP and oats. Using your hands, knead to combine. The mixture will be moist.
- Form the mixture into bun-sized patties and flatten until they are about ½” thick. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes. If grilling, cook the burgers on foil until they firm up and will no longer break apart.
- When finished cooking, top with lettuce, tomato, more BBQ sauce or your toppings of choice and serve warm on a bun.