- 1 Hour
- 45 Minutes
- Makes 12 Cupcakes.
Serve up individual meatloaf cupcakes topped with a mashed potato "icing." Maybe you thought cupcakes couldn’t get any better, but you might think differently after you try these savory fool-the-eye “cupcakes”!
- Place 12 foil cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Place one 2-inch meatloaf ball into each liner.
- Press down slightly to ensure that the meatloaf ball forms to the liner.
- Mix together the ketchup and brown sugar and top each meatloaf ball with 1 teaspoon or so of the mixture.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 45 minutes, until the meatloaf balls reach an internal temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit when taken with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a large piping bag and pipe onto each meatloaf cupcake, just as you would if you were frosting a regular cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with any of the following: parsley, black pepper, smoked paprika, chives, etc.