- 10 minutes
- 50 minutes
This minestrone means business! Rich, complex flavors from bacon and sausage elevate this simple soup from appetizer to entree. Just be sure to taste this dish before adding any salt, in some cases the bacon and chicken broth are enough on their own. Buon Appetito!
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, brown bacon and sausage over medium heat until crisp. Add celery, onions, and carrots, and cook for five minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to vegetable mixture along with diced tomatoes and their juices. Add rosemary, oregano, thyme and basil and stir well.
- Add chicken stock and water, and bring soup gradually to a boil. Once boiling, add dry pasta and boil for five minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer soup 30 minutes, or until pasta is completely tender and carrots are soft. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, with optional garnishes.