- 10 minutes
- 50 minutes
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, brown bacon and sausage over medium heat until crisp. Add celery, onions, and carrots, and cook for five minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to vegetable mixture along with diced tomatoes and their juices. Add rosemary, oregano, thyme and basil and stir well.
- Add chicken stock and water, and bring soup gradually to a boil. Once boiling, add dry pasta and boil for five minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer soup 30 minutes, or until pasta is completely tender and carrots are soft. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, with optional garnishes.