- 8 minutes
- 20 minutes
Enjoy the combination of tender chicken thighs and country style biscuits in this creamy dish.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and fresh thyme.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium high heat. Add chicken and sauté until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add bay leaves and shallots to Dutch oven and cook until shallots are wilted. Add chicken back to Dutch oven.
- Pour in chicken broth and boil until chicken has become tender. Once cooked to desired tenderness remove chicken from broth to cut meat away from the bone. Return chicken cuts to broth and discard bones.
- Pour cream of chicken soup in with broth and chicken and boil for 2 minutes. Stir constantly to incorporate chicken soup and broth evenly. Reduce heat to simmer.
- You may add 1-2 cups additional chicken broth if needed.
- Cut biscuits in halves and place in pot with mixture. Cover pot and cook until dumplings have expanded and are done.
- Taste and correct seasoning as needed. Serve hot with favorite side of vegetables.