- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
This flavorful dish is perfect for celebrating Cinco De Mayo or just for an easy dinner fix. Using fresh and affordable ingredients, this Mexican Lasagna is a sure hit.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in the olive oil.
- Add the ground pork and ground beef and cook on medium-high until browned. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the refried beans, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes with green chilies and mix in to the cooked meat.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom. Then spoon some of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with some cheese. Spoon a little of the salsa over. Then repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Cover the top with a piece of parchment paper, then aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with sour cream, sliced olives and green onions.